Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sewing Again - Just a bit tho!

The snow is melting slowly and the back yard has a few broken branches and twigs scattered around it. Chet looks out the windows and licks his lips - I know he's chomping at the bit to get the riding mower out and clean up the yard! I know I'll have to ask the little boy next door to help him with the pick up because Chet's 'bending' ability has decreased considerably! Poor guy.
My bending ability is pretty good - it's getting up that's a challenge for me! Ah - old age has crept up on both of us. I did have good news after my last scan and blood tests - I am in remission and don't have to see a doctor till mid March. I'm still battling with radiation burns and the horrible itching of new skin growing back. I won't even mention my hair loss! Gaining weight is a battle, too - and I'm eating often. I am convinced it's as difficult to gain weight as it is to lose it! The ladies from church and another church in town have been bringing over meals - one on Wednesday night and the other on Sunday mornings. I have been cooking but these extra meals sure do help make things a bit easier on me. I'm stronger day by day and yesterday we ventured out to the bank, drug store, grocery store and Staples. I had a good long nap when we got home!

My fabric stash hasn't decreased too much the past few months. I did make two new sofa pillow covers. I found a Log Cabin block and made another, added backing and put the pillows inside. The covers are a bit too big but makes it easier to take pillow form in and out - am hoping the covers will shrink a bit after their first run through the washer and dryer. Photos below.



Picture below is of the small quilt I started a while ago - it was begging to be finished so I found matching/coordinating fabrics and finished it this morning. This will be a donation quilt.



Being house bound for the past five or six months has given me a lot of time to surf the Internet - I see so many pretty quilts and imagine them done up in fabric from my stash. . . so many quilts, so much fabric and so little energy!

This week I need to reply to Christmas cards and letters - am just now getting around to opening and reading them. And my lovely Southern Belle granddaughter, Anna Grace, had her 11th birthday last week. I did call her and we chatted a bit but I haven't sent her a card yet - that's top of the list this week!

Time to grab some lunch - Chet is shaking pots and pans! Have a good week, stay warm and well.

No comments: