Sunday, October 17, 2010

This & That

We are enjoying fall temperatures and a lot of color with the leaves changing. I'd like to see the lovely colors for a longer time though!

I am still dealing with health issues - treatment will be decided on this week. Thanks for all the good wishes, prayers and cards. The local sons have been doing a lot for us and we sure appreciate that. The out-of-state kids have been calling regularly as have other family members. Mitch is planning to come for the weekend.

I decided it was time to take some pictures of what I've been working on the past few weeks. I did finish the Waving Flag. Picture below is Block # 10 for the Rocky Mountain Sampler. It is a pretty block and went together fairly easy. In fact, I think it's the prettiest block of the bunch!



This is the equilateral quilt top I've had in the works for almost two months now. I added left over batiks from the pyramids inside the top, as borders. I plan to add a solid black outer border - fabric is in the washer right now. May be my 'after my nap' project today!


I have a large collection of batik and hand dyed fabrics I'd like to do in something special and have spent time looking through my books. The book shown below is full of ideas but nothing really grabs me right now. New York Beauty keeps wandering into my mind! Or maybe the Drunkards Path blocks. . . .
Till next time - take care everyone.

No comments: