Saturday, January 22, 2011

Must Not Complain

Oh this snow and cold is getting to me. I've not been further than the end of the driveway to set out trash and recycling bins, pick up the mail and newspaper. Someone just came to the door, I opened it and the cold was sharp! (Poor guy is looking for tree trimming jobs. I told him to check back in Spring and he told me that was not the time to trim trees! Oh well!)

Nate and Mark brought in a supply of groceries so the 'larder is loaded' for a while and there is no need for us to go out on the snow covered streets. Mitch calls weekly to check in with us and we don't dare complain of our snow and cold - Green Bay always is colder and snowier! No sympathy from him! Tracy tells us it's cold in Mississippi when it's 65; at least she doesn't have to shovel snow down there! And she gets no sympathy from us!

I've been back at my sewing machine a couple of mornings this week. I finished putting together the brick wall quilt top - center portion of the quilt, this morning. Feels good to use up some of the left over fabrics from the bigger quilt. I did have to go into the stash and cut more but it was a pleasure to dig through the fabrics and find coordinates. Now I need to see if I have enough of something to put a border or two on this quilt. Right now it measures about 36 x 44" and adding borders will make it a nice throw size. Picture below.



I'd not used my camera since Thanksgiving and found this picture - Anna Grace, Mitch and Jonathan - I don't remember who's teaching who and I don't know what game they are playing - but it is a nice picture, isn't it?



Thanks for stopping by - stay well and warm.

No comments: