Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh My Goodness

Here we are at the end of another month. I must have napped too much because I don't know where the time went. But my waking hours were enjoyable! The picture today is a challenge piece for the Small Quilts Talk group. Name of the block is "anvil" and when I first saw it I didn't really care for it - but after a couple of blocks I enjoyed making it.

Between loads of laundry this morning, I sewed labels onto some of my quilts and others were labeled by writing my name and the year they were made on them. I wish I'd have done this to all the quilts I've made and given away. The labels I sewed on were made by embroidering my name and year with my sewing machine! Pictures below - click on them to enlarge to see the labels better.

We will have a quiet long weekend. Mark is off to party on a houseboat on the Ohio River. I'm not sure what Nate & Deanie are doing - probably a long bike ride. J.D.'s classes begin on Monday and he's in Bloomington - ready to study Tracy called last night and said she's evacuating to Hattiesburg for the long weekend. The storm is going to be just too close to them. Haven't heard anything from the Wisconsin delegates in a while - school starts there next Tuesday, too.


Tia & Tori, Darcy's daughters will be visiting in the area this weekend. Hope they manage a visit with us. Will take pictures if they do.



Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. . . . till next time.













No comments: