Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hour Glass Quilt - Bunnies and Cabbages

Hi Family and Friends - from rainy Greensburg.  Weather man tells us we are to have nicer weather the rest of the week!  Lawns are 'greening up' and some flowers are poking through the soggy ground.  I finally took my snowman collection and the holiday mantle cover off the fireplace. . . brought out the pastel baskets cover and put a few Spring things out.  The picture below was taken with the treasures on the floor - too dark to take pictures on the mantle.  The rabbits were a gift from my nephew's wife, Janice in Texas.  The ceramic cabbage salt and pepper shakers I made in a class many years ago.  Aren't they precious!

03_28_2We've had a lazy week and I spent a lot of time in my sewing corner!  I was looking for something and started checking my containers and found some Snail's Trail quilt blocks, they only needed the last round of triangles sewn on, so I cut light and dark fabrics to finish them up.  Worked on ten blocks and discovered I'd done something wrong - so removed 40 triangles and laid them out and took a good look at them.  It finally dawned on me that I'd sewn the last round of triangles on wrong.  And imagined that's why they ended up in that container and got tucked away - out of sight - out of mind, I guess.  Well then I ended up with a stack of triangles and decided to make Hour Glass blocks and stitched up the quilt below.  Right now it measures 28 x 36 and I hope to find border fabric today. 

03_28_0 Have a safe week - till next time - Bye!

No comments: