Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday, Oct. 25, 2009

Hi Folks,
Time for the weekly blog posting! I start thinking about it early in the morning and have so many things to chat about but by the time I get to the computer, the ideas have vanished - guess it's note time, eh?
We had an interesting week. The electric company is replacing poles in our neighborhood and ours was installed early in the week. They came back and added the 'works thingie' and expect them back again to remove the old pole. If they're smart, they'll wait till the corn is picked! The fellas gladly posed for a picture and one of them asked for my blog address!
Thursday night Mark, Chet and I took Nate out for steaks to celebrate his 52nd birthday. We had a great night out and of course the food was excellent. The boys and I had steak and Chet had grilled salmon on a bed of rice. It must have been good because he didn't offer any of us a taste! I brought half of my steak home and had it for lunch the next day. Forgot to take my camera along so no pictures of "the boys."
I finally walked across the street and introduced myself to the new neighbors - they were carving pumpkins on their front porch. They remembered me from working at the high school - I didn't ask for specifics! ! We had a nice visit - they have daughters, a 7 and a 3 year old.
The mailman brought a package - it was the kit for the Downy Quilts for Kids project. Pictures below show the kit which comes cut and directions are included.



This is the completed quilt, except for the binding. - not laying flat but you get the idea.



This picture shows the binding (polka dot fabirc) pinned in place - I brought the back to the front and will stitch it down after lunch today. They'd like for people who get a quilt kit to make one from their stash and send it to them, too.

The Downy Quilts for Kids site is listed in last weeks blog entry.
Keeping tabs on the Grandkids through Facebook - enjoy their regular posts. I need to give Tracy a call, it's been a while since we heard from her.
Till next week, thanks for stopping by - and have a good week.

2 comments:

JudyTX said...

I love the fish fabric. Who makes it?

JudyTX said...

I love the fish fabric, who makes it??? Great quilt.