Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18,2008

I just need time out! I've been fussing with downloading pictures from my digital camera and get a message telling me it's not connected. Well - I can see the connections - I can feel the connections. Darn it anyway, these electronic gadgets are all so much fun - WHEN THEY WORK! After many tires it finally worked.
Flood waters in this area have receeded but there is alot of damage in nearby Columbus, IN. Hospital is even closed! And some stores are in bad shape, too. Mark helped a friend - they actually gutted an entire floor and are starting over. I don't think I could handle that. Good thing they are young!

We spent Sunday afternoon with Mark and his friends out at Lake Santee beach, on the pontoon boat. He has a grill on board, we cooked chicken breasts, steak, brats and hotdogs. It is so peaceful and cool on the water. Mitch and Tracy called Sunday evening to wish Chet a happy Father's Day. We had good visits with them. Nate stopped in Monday on his way to work and gave Chet a cane with a metal snake head on the handle and an autographed football - by Tony Dungee. Meant to take a picture - maybe next time!

Yesterday morning I went to the hospital lab and had blood drawn - annual checkup coming up next week. After fasting I decided I deserved a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit from McDonalds. Even went in side to place my order - and yes, they screwed it up again - got ham. I'd not had one of these in years and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered!

Okay - here come the brags. While surfing the quilt sites I found a cute house block pattern and of course I had to make some of them - picture shown below.











Next picture is a small piece - commonly known as Snail's Trail.

The binding isn't stitched to the back side yet - tonight's project.
That's it for today - hope everyone is safe and as healthy as they can be.

No comments: