Sunday, September 28, 2008

This & That

Hi Folks - time for my weekly post and here I am with little to say. Wonder how that happens! Lovely fall weather - leaves are starting to turn beautiful colors and some are falling to the ground! We "motored" to Rushville to pick up a quilt on Friday morning and saw quite a few corn pickers in the fields and on the highway, too.

The ABATE bike ride last weekend was successful. There were 57 bikes and 86 riders and they managed to raise just over $2,000 to be donated to the Bread of Life. Their next big ride/fundraiser will be in October - Santa's Cause. They donate to families who don't qualify for assistance through other organizations. Nate gave me the website and I've not checked it out yet - but try this, if interested. http://dcsantascause.com

Yesterday I got a call from my friend Pat, she had panic in her voice! She remembered the quilt show in Columbus and wondered if I remembered it. . . well, I forgot about it . . . I do keep a calendar in my purse and write these important dates in it. I guess the trick is to look at that calendar from time to time! So today we went to see the quilts on display and there were quite a few quilts, all lovely, of course. The picture is one that was on display - it is the only picture I could take. My camera seems to have decided not to cooperate with me. It's a smaller one that I can carry in my purse - but if it's not going to work, I'll just have to carry the bigger one with me on important trips like this.

My sewing world has kept me busy this week. I made 48 string quilt blocks and will send them off to be put into a top and quilted and donated to a charity. (Pictures next week.) I'm putting binding on a quilt I picked up on Friday and quilting the Boxed Squares - have just a bit more to do and then will add the binding. 8 gals from the Fabric Stash Chat Room decided to do a red fabrics strip swap. Each of us send five strips of a different print to each other. I sent my strips off on Friday, the 19th. Gals are in No. Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arkansas, and 3 in Texas. We were surprised at the amount of time these envelopes were en route. One of the gals in Texas didn't get my strips till the 27th! Another surprise was the cost - ranged from $1.17 to $1.68. I realize there are different weights of fabric but there just isn't that much difference. I have to say I was very disappointed in the mail service. But we will each have a lovely quilt in the end!

Chet has the football game on so loud I can't stand it in here. Have a good week and keep in touch. . . . . bye now

No comments: