Sunday, March 22, 2009

Greetings from Greensburg

The spotlight this week shines on Paul - our Grandson in Wisconsin. He received all these medals and awards through his participation in the DECA club at his high school. Paul is a freshman this year. (Gosh, doesn't he look like his father?) DECA: Distributive Education Clubs of America. These clubs are throughout the states; they work with businesses, teaching the students to come up with marketing projects, merchandising. As Martha would say, "it's a good thing." Congratulations Paul - we are very proud of you.

It has been another quiet week here at home. Truthfully, I don't remember much of what I did this week. Kind of pathetic, isn't it?

Mark stopped in to switch cell phone batteries with me. The charger gadget on his phone broke, so I have to keep my battery charged up, and he stops in every few days to swap batteries. He is shopping for a replacement cell phone.

Mark is such a dear! He also went shopping for Chet a couple of times this week. Chet wanted to go for a ride on his riding mower - dead battery. So Mark went and bought a battery charger, came back and hooked it up. The next day Chet went out to "go for his ride" and it was not cooperating. So it was time for Mark to come swap cell phone batteries and we had him check out the battery in the mower - it had to be replaced. Mark & Chet went and got a new battery, Mark hooked it up and it started right off. Course now it is Sunday and it's not nice to ride around the back forty with the mower on Sunday!

I stopped at Nate & Deanies after a shopping trip - J.D. is home on Spring Break and we'd not seen him yet. I brought him back home with me - he took a shower - went to church with Chet - and came home and had me make a pan of Hamburger Helper for him. Classes are going well for him and he is enjoying college.

I just can't stay away from my sewing machine and fabric stash. A chat-room quilting buddy sent a pattern and I got kind of carried away with it - made 7 fabric covers for stenographers notebooks. . . only 6 are pictured . . . cause I threw the first one away! I added half an inch to the pattern dimensions and results were nicer.



And I made three more note pad folders - I just love that sailboat fabric - and it's almost all gone. Oh dear, I should have ordered ten yards of it! Just kidding!

Time to find something for lunch - I like to eat early - then I can have an early nap!
Till next week - take care and keep in touch.

No comments: