Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Lovely day here in central Indiana but we do have low temps and a strong wind. I check the wind by looking at the flag across the street on the neighbors yard. Chet's gone to church with his buddy Paul - he looks forward to his "outings". The outings have been rare because of the cold weather and snow. Soon he'll be able to take out the riding mower, hook up his little trailer and go about the yard picking up sticks and debris from the winter winds! He's so happy to be doing that!

We did venture out and picked up the Pioneer Braid quilt the longarm quilter gal finished. Am proud to announce I even have completed sewing the binding on it. Truly a scrappy quilt and I even sent so far as to use up odds and ends of bindings leftover from other quilts. The photo shows only a fourth of the quilt - it's a nice nap size!

Below are pictures of fabric baskets I've been making - my hairdresser has been encouraging me to bring things in to her shop and sell them. With Easter just around the corner these baskets should be a hit. She will probably put some of her products in them for display. (She also cut and colored my hair on that visit - both were long overdue!)





I haven't abandoned the "Goosey-Goosey" quilt - it calls for 80 blocks and 40 are finished. I will get back to it sometime this week. It is another scrappy look - all fabrics from the stash and using up quite a bit of fabric.


The family is doing fine. Nate is working 12 hour shifts, six days a week. His plant makes French car parts and they are building inventory - parts for older model cars. People are repairing their cars instead of buying new cars!
Tracy sent photos of Anna Grace running in the snow with her mouth open, eating snowflakes. It is a real treat for them to have snow in Mississippi!
And Mark - I think he's lost - I called him and left a message but haven't heard back from him. Perhaps I need to make a big batch of Minnesota Hotdish and invite him over!
Mitch and family are well. He's been traveling again and they've had so much snow in Green Bay. Spoke briefly with Paul (he's using his folder for math class - likes the graph paper!)
My car is going in for a check up in the morning. The Anti Lock Brake system light came on - and stayed on. This car has been super - just turned over 85,000 miles last week and the car is a 94 model. . . think it'll last the rest of my life? Knock on wood!
Off to my sewing - want to make a few more folders. Till next week, stay well and warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO DEAR SISTER, NICE WORK ON THE QUILTS,BASKETS AND FOLDERS.YOU HAVE SUCH TALENT! MORE SNOW HERE AND VERY COLD.ZERO THIS AM AND ONLY HIGH OF 19.I DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE DARN TAM-O - METER.REMEMBER WHO USED TO SAY THAT? DORA DITTMER.ALL FOR NOW AMY