Friday, September 18, 2009

Doing The Weekly Blog!

Hi Folks.
Have a bit of free time tonight so decided to post early this week. Lovely weather in our fair city and signs of Fall are in the air. Nate stopped by about 5:00 this afternoon to pick up something he'd seen in the storage shed - I had no idea those things were even there. Turns out he wanted brackets to screw into a flat bed trailer to use as tie-downs for motorcycles. The local ABATE group is having a float in the Fall Festival Parade tomorrow and the float will have an assortment of bikes on it. Of course the building of the float requires a full force of helpers, food and other liquid refreshments. He invited us over to eat so we went and had great food (any food I don't have to fix is great) and enjoyed chatting with some of the people there. Pictures below are of the fellows starting to work on the float.

The first two bikes ride over the truck cab area, are loaded - along with a flag flying in the breeze!

This bike is from Europe - a Triumph - a very expensive bike - Nate quoted their value and it's about what we paid for our house 35 years ago! Scary, isn't it?

I think this is a Triumph, too. Hopefully you can click on the photo it will enlarge and you can read the plate. I did look at it closely but forgot now!

This was one of three Cushman bikes that were there - think I heard someone say this is a 64 model! Oh - boys and their toys, eh?
Friend and I were in Batesville for doctor appts. and lunch, and then she wanted to look for a kennel on a side street in Oldenburg - we made a wrong turn and pulled into a driveway to turn around. There was a triple car garage with a big FOR SALE sign propped against a car - I could see it was an oldie by the grill. Just then a man walked out and I asked what was behind the sign and he said a 64 Dodge Station Wagon - I spied wood on the side and asked it if was a "woody" and he said it was. He tried to get me to take it home but I said "not today, thanks."
There is a really neat shop between Batesville and Oldenburg - called Dotty's Bulk Food Basket. This shop has every kind of spice, candy, coffee, soup mixes (that almost taste like Mom used to make). nuts - and you name it, they have it. You can buy a basket and fill it with goodies - make lovely b'day gifts - or a hostess gift - or a C'mas gift. Stop in to visit them - address is 394 Northside Drive - Batesville. It's in a small strip mall between the two towns.

Now onto the "softer" things in life. I pieced this maple leaves piece a couple of months ago and lost it in a stack of leftovers from other projects. I decided it was time to finish it up so I machine quilted it, bound it and called it done! It is up at the beauty salon in my little boutique!

And this morning I finished this bag - it turned out so cute I hated to take it up to the shop - but goodness knows - I don't need another bag! I plan to make at least one more to take up there.
And I can't end this post without special b'day wishes to Paul - Happy 16th birthday. It is also the anniversary of the day I bought my car - 15 years ago!
Till next week - - have a good one!