Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Week at the Weckops

We had a quiet week but did do a bit of running. We are enjoying the fall temperatures, corn is drying in the field out back and trees are beginning to turn yellow; grass needs mowing less often, too.
Chet enjoyed his day out with the motorcyclists last Saturday. They had 58 bikes and 74 riders. The profits amounted to about $2,500 - this will be used for Santa's Cause. Families who don't qualify for other assistance at the holidays are considered to be recipients. The group has done this for four or five years now.
I'm keeping up on Facebook with some of the grandchildren - at first I was sort of annoyed with it but now I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Tuesday morning I had a phone call asking to help a friend help a friend. My friend tends to her sister-in-law who is 94 years old and lives in an assisted living facility. This gal fell and needed to go for an x-ray, my friend drives a van and it is difficult to get in and out of so I helped out. Poor gal was in such pain and later found out she was badly bruised, nothing was broken. Thank goodness.
On Thursday I was invited to ride along to Columbus on a shopping trip and of course I'm not about to turn down a shopping trip! I wanted to pick up a new supply of sweatsuits and found three sets. Also stopped at JoAnn Fabric where I bought some "sewing staples" - muslin, weavers cloth, fall print fabric and a winter print fabric. I am making things to take to the beauty salon for my little boutique corner. Pictures below of the fall table runner and the redwork wall hanging.
I think this redwork piece is so cute - the sashings and borders are a small red and green plaid. I plan to do a few more for the holidays.


The coming week should be calm - only an appointment with my eye doctor! I'm not looking forward to that.

Pajama time for me - have a good week. Bye now.