Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Purse and Tablerunner

Well - I'm a bit off my blogging schedule. Eye doctor appointments have kept me running but in a week I will have the second cataract surgery and things will settle down again. Everything went very smoothly with the left eye surgery, the doctor and his staff and the hospital staff are all great! I never had even a pain through the process.
The weather here is cool and soon the lawn swings and lawn furniture can be stowed for the winter. We had a strong wind but only two branches are down and they're not big. Chet will enjoy hooking his little trailer to the mower and go pick them up

Amy - here's your new Gracie purse (Lazy Girl Designs pattern). The button is antique - so yes, it does show "wear." If you don't want the "shabby chic" look just snip the threads off! I need to pick up a sturdy base to slip into the bottom of it and then I'll get it in the mail!

This afternoon will be my first time to drive in a week. Having my hair done and then have to hit the grocery store. Still have plenty of food in the house but Chet keeps checking the "goodies" drawer and sighing quite a bit!

Saturday I sat down at the machine and whipped up this table runner. . . used up all but a 4" x 8" strip of the fallish fabric. I did manage to embroidery more snowman blocks to do winter wall hangings with. While embroidery was stitching out, I knitted a washcloth and after finishing it I dug out the baby yarn - finished one newborn size hat and started another. Have to keep the fingers busy, you know.

Time to make out the grocery list and then it's quilt show time and lunch. Take care and thanks for stopping by to visit.

2 comments:

RAMONA PAULY said...

HET SIS, THIS TABLE RUNNER IS VERY NICE. I MAKE HAVE TO GEAR UP MY MACHINE AND MAKE ONE OR TWO FOR OUR NEXT SALE. RAINY AND COOL HER FOR 2 1/2 DAYS ,OVER 2 INCHES OF RAIN TOO. HAVE A GOOD WEEK END.

RAMONA PAULY said...

NICE TABLE RUNNER,AND PURSE TOO.. I WILL HAVE TO WHIP UP A FEW RUNNERS FOR OUR NEXT SALE.