Sunday, January 17, 2010

Colts Win - Chet is Beaming

  Chet is so happy to see the Colts win the game yesterday.  He's also happy to have his FAT HEAD of Peyton mounted.  Mark and Tia took the figures home, cut the board for it (even rounded the corners) and gave it two coats of paint - they had to mix paints to get this special color!  It is now propped up in the family room, hiding the antique radio!  I had to call the guy across the street to come over and see it!  We decided during the summer months Peyton will be moved out into the garage so the guys can see it while sitting in the lawn swing!  I'll have to call Nate to come by sometime today to see it, too! 

 01_17_0We've had some decent weather this past week - the snow is all gone!  It's also been a busy week here.  On Monday I went to quilt guild, we had a gal come in to teach the Lily Block - some people call it the North Carolina Lily, others call it South Carolina Lily!  Photo below!  I still have to add triangles to the edges to make it a square and then I'll add a couple narrow borders!

01_17_1

Thursday friend Pat and I went to Rushville to a lecture/demo of a quilt we will be doing - Block of the Month - name of the pattern is Rocky Mountain Sampler, by Paula Stoddard.  I'd chosen my fabrics from my batik stash but after seeing a finished block and the directions I decided not to use batiks.  So I spent a couple of hours going through stash containers and came up with what I think is more appropriate.  So I will start that project sometime this week.

Kids News - Tia is here and enjoying being back with her friends at North Decatur High School - she and Mark get along well.  We checked in with Tracy on her birthday; she and Anna Grace celebrated by going to a deli that serves their favorite soup - cheese and broccoli! I think she's inherited her love of soup from me!  Nate is putting in a lot of overtime but expects to be cut back anytime.  We had lunch with Mark on Friday and he came over that night and set up Peyton for Chet.  No news from Green Bay so assume all is well there.  JD hasn't checked in - he has a full load this semester.  Nate chats with him often so we know he's doing fine.

Lunch time - I'm starving!  Tossed the quilt in the washer and it's ready to go into the dryer now.  Have a good week and stay safe.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

No comments: