Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Good wishes for everyone in 2010!  Special 'birthday wishes' go to sister Mona in Minnesota who is celebrating her birthday today.  No, I won't reveal her age - but I didn't realize we were so close age wise!  Oh well, out of our control, wasn't it, Mona! 

We have had cold and messy weather this past week.  Snow was gone due to non-freezing temperatures.  Then we had a bit of snow and the neighborhood kids tried to build a snowman.  Josh, Lauren and Libby gave it a try - except they made a snow woman - complete with a Dolly Parton figure!  The kids in the picture are waving at Anna Grace in Mississippi!

01_03_2

Our kids are fine - busy with families and working - thank goodness.  Anna Grace called three times this week - first call was about how sad it was/is to find out about Santa.  Second call was to tell me her Mom was painting a wall in the dining room RED!  Third time was to tell me she was rolling on the bed, fell off and hit her head on the night stand drawer handle!  I felt so bad being so far away and couldn't give her loving hugs!  So I mailed a surprise package to her and it should arrive soon. 

Friend Pat and I braved the elements and took a ride to Rushville to the quilt shop.  I had a quilt to pick up from Carolyn, my longarm quilter gal.  Pictures below.  Nice to have another completed quilt and the stash is going down.  Pattern is Split 9 Patch.  This is the 3rd or 4th I've made using this pattern!  The quilt works fine - I used it to nap under yesterday!

01_03_4

Close up of the quilt.

01_03_5

This is a picture of the top of the C'mas Log Cabin I been working on.  Not adding borders - let's just say that this isn't a quilt to be proud of.  However the container of C'mas fabrics is greatly reduced.  Am hoping to find a C'mas print fabric to use for the backing - at least one side will be pretty then. 

01_03_6

That's about it for the week.  Wishing everyone warmth and good health.  Thanks for stopping in to visit.

1 comment:

RAMONA PAULY said...

THANKS FOR THE GREETING. YES ANOTHER YEAR BIT THE DUST. REALLY COLD HERE TODAY LAST TIME I LOOKED IT IS -14* NO ONE IS OUT AND ABOUT AROUND HERE.
I LIKE THE QUILTS IN THE PICS.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK ,
MONA