Saturday, May 15, 2010

Late Post or Early Post ! !

The past two weeks have been a bit up in the air! I did have a nice Mother's Day - local kids were going to take us out to eat but Nate got called in to work early so he and Deanie stopped in for a visit. We picked up JD and met Mark and Tia out at the Brau Haus on The Beach restaurant. Mark arrived on his pontoon with another couple. We had a nice visit and the food would have been great had it been hot! Tracy called and we chatted for about an hour.

Our weather has been quite wet and strong winds, too. I fought a flu bug for about four days - I didn't even get to Quilt Guild on Monday - so you know I was really sick! On Thursday I did make it to Rushville for our monthly 'block of the month' meeting. Had a nice lunch afterward and came home and napped. The bug sure tired me out! Think I'm back to my normal self now.

Today I messed in my sewing corner and got the block of the month block finished - it's about 1/8" too small but I'm not telling anyone!

I found a 'confetti' quilt online and thought I had to give it a try. I called a halt to it after four rows. I need to sew the rows together and add borders. Photo below.

A group of gals (12) from the morning fabric-stash chat site are in the process of doing a strip swap. We are exchanging black/white and white/black fabrics. I can't decide on a pattern - I waiver! Photo below is a sampling of the strips I have so far.

This picture is the fabrics I bought to use with black/white strips. Colors are soft gray and a mottled red. (The green is my 'design wall' - a plastic table cloth)

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the warmer temps. Have a good week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: