Sunday, June 6, 2010

Greetings from The Windy City

No, I'm not in Chicago! It's right here in Greensburg, IN. We are fortunate not to have been in the tornado path, it was North of Indianapolis. I've not looked out back to see if we have tree branches down and don't plan to for a while!


We have spent the week running - just errands and usual stuff. We did have an email from Mitch - I followed a car similar to the one he had during the last months of college. It was white and had a red door and a blue door and a blue hood! I did take pictures of it with my cell phone but alas, I did not do something right so no picture to remind him! I guess I should not be around electronic gadgets!


Didn't sew an inch all week so yesterday I vowed today I'd do something. My scrap basket had some bright fabrics peeking out and begging to have something done with them. So I pawed through the basket and found a dozen blocks made a few years ago and this morning they were stitched up quickly. Nice to find blocks already pieced! The picture is below - looks rumpled cause it's on my chenille bedspread.








While digging in the scraps I pulled more bright fabrics and decided to do a small quilt using them up. Name of the block is "Sweet Sixteen". The pattern calls for larger rectangles ( 3 1/2 by 6 1/2) but I cut them at 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 ". . . . daintier size for a baby quilt. I know I'll have to cut more fabrics than I pulled so it should be an interesting quilt. Not sure of the size - we'll have to see how far the scraps go. Photo below.


Back to the sewing machine. Thanks for stopping by and have a good week.

No comments: