Sunday, June 27, 2010

Where did June go?

Greetings Everyone. Here we are at the end of June already! I don't know where the time goes - it seems I got more accomplished when I was working. Truthfully, I don't care how much is accomplished and I'd rather be here doing nothing than working!
I did chat with some of our kids during the week. A classmate of Nate's was killed in an auto accident, on a country road. He was coming home from work about 12:30 a.m. A 17 year old decided to 'blow the stop sign'! That poor kid will have a load to carry for the rest of his life.
We are getting letters - yes - snail mail letters - from Anna Grace who is at a camp and is forced to write! She asked for Nate & Mark's addresses - am wondering if she will really write them!
Sunday afternoon we 'motored' out to Mark's and spent the afternoon with him and friends from the lake. We were on the pontoon boat and that is an enjoyable ride. We docked on the beach and it seems there were 30 to 40 people off and on that boat. Cooked hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and lots of other good foods were brought by friends. It was hot out but being on the water it was a bit cooler and there was a nice breeze.
Tuesday a friend and I went to see Patricia Knoechel - sister of Eleanor Burns, the 'noted' quilter. We guessed there were about 50 people there. Patricia makes the quilts her sister designs but uses her favorite colors - purples. lavenders and greens!
Wednesday I had an eye doctor appt. - the cataract surgeon - oh, he's such a nice man and very handsome, too. Makes doctor visits a pleasure! (And I don't have to take my clothes off).
Thursday two quilting friends and I went to a shop the one gal had never been to before. I did find a ruler and a book I'd been looking for.
Friday I spent a lot of time and money at the grocery store. The cabinets and refrigerator were about empty - and Chet was sighing a lot, too! ! !
Saturday was a pajama day and I sewed all morning. I'd cut the pieces for the quilt during the week (when I had the energy) and began sewing. I managed to make seven rows and I've been at the machine again this morning. I'll need a total of 14 rows. This will not be a quick quilt which means it will not be a big quilt. I'm using the fabrics from the online swap (black on white and white on black) and have added a few batiks for a dash of color. I'm wishing now I'd have used reds instead. Equal Lateral Triangles are used and they are small so it's very time consuming. I know I won't be making another of these! Picture below.




Time to find something for lunch. Have a good and safe week.

No comments: