Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blogging Early This Week

Good Morning from sunny Greensburg, IN ! We are having delightful weather - just can't believe it's August 1st already! Amazing - time flies as fast when your retired as it did when I was working. Probably a sign that we're managing to keep busy!

We've managed to keep in touch with family through phone calls, emails and just added Facebook! Not sure I want to keep dealing with that. Nate is back to work at Valeo - making car parts! Mark is working regular hours and continues to work in parties! He had a blind date last night - I was going to call this morning to see how it went, but think I'll wait so I can see his face!
I've been busy at the sewing machine and busting more stash. I dug out a bundle of Fat Quarters and decided to make a table runner and set of four place mats. The colors are a bit unusual but I'm hoping someone will like them.


The runner below is made of left overs from a group of fabrics I bought at an online shop. The fabric feels silk like and the price was right! There were just bits and pieces left from an earlier project so I used them up to make the blocks. I think it turned out very nice. I machine quilted a design in each block.


My computer guru is coming back to check on this machine to see if it's operating at it's best. I do have a couple of things for him to check out. If someone sends an attachment or picture, I get an empty box with a red x in it! Hopefully he can fix that for me.
Off to get something for lunch - no breakfast, so early lunch for me! We will miss the family gatherings in Minnesota this month - both my drivers made plans months ago for the weekend of the wedding. We hope someone will share photos with us.
Till next time - take care.


No comments: